Re: df not showing ext3 partition

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Scot McPherson wrote:

> Mohammad A. Haque wrote:
> > That'd be the problem.
>
> auto is usually reserved for devices which will change fstype, such as
> removables like floppies and the rare cd.

Isnt that what we're doing now with paritions? auto supports was put in
so kernels with and without ext3 could be swapped in and out.

Though, I'm thining it shouldnt matter what auto is 'reserved' for. df
should return for all mounted items.

The the problem is that either the first mounted device or possible the
root mount point doesnt have auto translated to the fs being used. For
example, when I use auto for my root fs, doing mount says / is of type
auto where as /home is ext3. /home is also using auto in my fstab.

Mohammad A. Haque                              http://www.haque.net/
                                               mhaque haque net

  "Alcohol and calculus don't mix.             Project Lead
   Don't drink and derive." --Unknown          http://wm.themes.org/
                                               batmanppc themes org