Re: online resizing patch for ext3-2.4?

On Aug 28, 2001  13:01 -0400, Bill Rugolsky Jr. wrote:
> Any plans to do a release of the online resizing patch for ext3-1.0?
> I've put off asking about this until Al Viro's superblock handling
> and other fixes were done, but now that LVM 1.0.1 seems to be approaching a
> stable and -linus/-ac mergeable state, this would certainly make deploying
> ext3+LVM a lot simpler.

Yes, this is on my todo list, but unfortunately not a high-priority item.
I did get online resizing working with ext3 for 2.2, but never in a state
that made an official release.  The kernel code is done, but I need to
work a bit on the user tools and e2fsck support for it (the layout of
the reserved inode is slightly different to make the ext3 resizing a
bit easier, because it is done mostly in the kernel).

Cheers, Andreas