Re: kupdated, bdflush and kjournald stuck in D state on RAID1 device (deadlock?)

David Rees wrote:

> The machine was and is still working mostly ok.  Since I typed "umount /opt",
> the opt directory doesn't show any contents any more, but before that things
> appear OK.  I can still use fdisk to look at the partition layout of the
> drives in /opt raid1 array.  /proc/mdstat is normal.
>
> There are no other software raid devices on the machine (/ is also ext3 on a
> separate drive/controller).  There are no suspicious messages printed from
> dmesg, either.

Are you able to access all the underlying devices on the array?
For example, if /dev/md0 consists of /dev/hda1 and /dev/hdb2,
can you run 'cp /dev/hda1 /dev/null' and 'cp /dev/hdb1 /dev/null'?

If so, then I'm all out of ideas.  Your raid1 buffers have disappeared
into thin air :(

-