Re: kupdated, bdflush and kjournald stuck in D state on RAID1 device (deadlock?)

On Wednesday August 29, dbr greenhydrant com wrote:

> I'm curious, why hasn't this bug shown up before?  Did I just get unlucky?
> Or is everyone else using software raid1 without problems lucky?  8)

You just got lucky.....
This could affect anyone who ran out of free memory while doing IO to
a RAID1 array.
A recent change, which was intended to make this stuff more robust,
probably had the side effect of making the bug more fatal.  So it
probably only affects people running 2.4.9.
It could affect earlier kernels, but they would have to sustain an
out-of-memory condition for longer.

NeilBrown