Re: df not showing ext3 partition

One thing I think i've found, with mount, is that the kernel is probably
reading the superblock information from the partition whilst making it's
decisions. I've noticed behaviour in mount that does a similar check...
I'm in the process of patching mount to do this check if the fstype
reported is 'auto'... i haven't actually patched the writeout to
/etc/mtab yet, but so far during boot, it properly detects that the
partition type was ext3... All I will have to do after this, is modify the
-f /etc/mtab writeout to use the value garnered from the code I added, so
/etc/mtab will always reflect actual fs type, not 'auto'.

Anyone have a better idea on this?

--
Curtis Hogg [buckminst inconnu isu edu]

Above all things, reverence yourself.