Re: fsck error

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 04:27:40PM +0000, Gisli Ottarsson wrote:

> Worse, during the boot, I got the message,
>
> gnu fsck: Could not determine filesystem type for LABEL=/
> gnu fsck: Could not determine filesystem type for LABEL=/home

Support for using filesystem type "auto" and "LABEL=" or "UUID="
device specifiers wasn't working until after 1.25.  So you can either
(a) work around this problem by using explicit device specifiers
(i.e., /dev/sda1 and /dev/sdb1), (b) work around the problem by
specifying a filesystem type of ext3 instead of auto, or (c) upgrading
to e2fsprogs 1.26-WIP, which is a test release.

E2fsprogs 1.26, which hopefully will be released soon, will fix this
bug, and allow you to use both filesystem type auto and LABEL/UUID
device specifiers.

My apologies for the inconvenience!

						- Ted