Re: chown/quota bug in ext3

On Thursday December 6, akpm zip com au wrote:
> Neil Brown wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >  there appears to be a bug w.r.t. chown and quotas in ext3.
> >

> oops.  Thanks - I bet that took a while to hunt down.

Only until I stopped looking in the wrong place. :-)

I was actually testing out my treequota patch on ext3, and
  chown top directory
  du
tranferred the quota-usage for all the directories, but not all the
files.  I spend a while hunting through my code, and eventually
twigged to the possibility that ext3 had it's own setattr for
file.  Then it was easy.

> How does this look?

Looks fine.
Thanks,