Re: Danger! An user can delete root's files!!!

permissions on the directory determine who can delete files within it.  if
/misc is rwxrwxrwx then any user can delete /misc/test.  what
permissions/ownership are on the parent directory?

if you chmod +t a directory, then the file's permissions will come into
play on who can delete the file.  see /tmp for an example of that.

-tcl.