Re: Lots of lost+found files ...

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 12:28:37PM -0700, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> On Dec 06, 2001  18:23 +0000, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:
> > That's precisely correct, and this is why having a reliable fsck to
> > recover from unexpected corruption is important even for journaling
> > filesystems.
>
> And why disabling both the per-mount and time-based e2fscks is a bad idea.

Which is fine if you have small drives and reboot often.  But with my
laptop, which I do boot at least once per day, the fsck time
is quite annoying.  (But I do it anyway, since laptop IDE configurations
are often dodgy.) Ideally one would simply cron a periodic LVM snapshot and
background fsck.

Regards,

   Bill Rugolsky