Re: Kernel crash on 2.4.16

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 11:42:51AM -0800, Paul White wrote:

> I've posted here earlier regarding a kernel crash we were seeing on kernel 2.4.13,
> on our embedded hardware...  We have recently upgraded to 2.4.16, and are still seeing
> crash issues.

As Andrew said, this just looks bizarre.  However, could you please
try the 2.4.17-rc kernel instead and see if that helps?  There were
some bitop manipulation bugs fixed in a set of ext3 patches that went
into 2.4.17-pre, and those may well address corruptions on bigendian
64-bit machines.  The bug was benign on LE or 32-bit machines, so I
haven't been able to test that myself, but you may well see random
instabilities disappear with the newer kernel.