Re: why copying files so slow in ext3

>xc wrote:
>>
>> hi:
>>   thanks for answer.But in fact i set up a ramdisk of 30M with ext2
>> filesystem, and also copy the file(20M) in ext3 filesystem to ram disk.it
will
>> take 5-6 second.while in ext2 filesystem, only 1-2 second is taken.So i
want
>> to konw the reasons. thanks.
>
>Let's check that I understand this.  Are you saying that
>
>- copying a 20 megabyte file from an ext2 filesystem onto
>  a RAM disk takes 1-2 seconds.
>
>- copying a 20 megabyte file from an ext3 filesystem onto a
>  RAM disk takes 5-6 seconds?
>
>If this is a correct interpretation, then I'd suggest that
>something odd has happened.  The file reading paths for ext3
>are practically identical to those for ext2.
>
>The only difference which comes to mind is that ext3 will
>start a transaction for the file's atime update.  But that
>probably won't cause any IO while the read is in progress,
>and it won't cause a noticeable slowdown.

what you say are just what i want to know. in fact ,when i copy the file(20M)
that in ram disk to hard disk, it really will take little time in ext3
filesystem as it do in ext2 file system(no more than 1 second).So i want to
konw how to find the problem and how to solve it.

                                                               X.C.

--http://www.eyou.com
--Îȶ¨¿É¿¿µÄÃâ·Ñµç×ÓÐÅÏä  ÓïÒôÓʼþ  Òƶ¯ÊéÇ©  ÈÕÀú·þÎñ  ÍøÂç´æ´¢...ÒÚÓÊδ¾¡