Re: crashing ext3 is easy and reproducible

John Huttley wrote:

> This is my crash script for 2.4.17-rc1 and rc2
>
> It works exactly as expected first time.
>
> Second time your system is toast with an exception error.
> I think it kills the daemon.
>
> I've tried it with varying ram disk sizes, up to 256Mb and
> in UP and SMP mode.
>
> The only thing I've seen was putting two of them into a script
> with the intention of having a one stop crasher didn't work,-- at least
> once.
>
> I've never had it fail to crash when run manually.
> I wonder if a time delay is part of it???
>
> The crash occurs in the rm -rf statement and produces enough verbiage
> as to scroll the top of the oops off the top of the screen.

whoops.   I recall back in April deciding that the ramdisk
driver was incompatible with ext3, but I forget why I
decided that.  Plus the rd driver has changed a lot since
then.

I'll take a look into this, see what can be done.  Am I
correct in assuming that it works OK for you on a real disk?

-