Re: How to change .journal size

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 10:43:15PM +0000, Richard Kimber wrote:
> > I used the Mandrake installation to set up ext3.  How do I tell what mode
> > and journal size I'm using?
>
> Mode is announced on bootup.  For the journal, find the journal inode
> number (it's 8 in your "dumpe2fs" output), and use debugfs in readonly
> mode: "stat <8>" will stat that inode in debugfs and will tell you the
> full size, amongst other things.

Many thanks.  Size: 33554432 ordered data mode.  Is that reasonable?

Perhaps there's a case for a bit more documentation on ext3, geared to the
simple-minded like me.  The mini-HOWTO is a bit spartan, as is the FAQ. You
must get fed up with answering these simple questions.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources:       http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/