ext3 on 2.2.20 w/2.2.19 patch?

Hey everyone,

I am planning to set up a debian server using the 2.2 kernel tree (kernel
2.2.20) I have tried applying the 2.2.19 patch once but it spewed out some
rejects. I went ahead and selected yes to the second fs development code.
When I converted all my partitions to 'ext3' (by adding a journal)
everything seemed to go well, but when I rebooted (bad shutdown) the
computer during 'find' it still required a fsck. I have read that I should
add 'auto' or 'ext3' to the /etc/fstab file. Is this the missing link? Is
there anything else I should do in order to get the patch to work? Any help
would be much appreciated, thanks.

-Paul Burkett