Re: Visible /.journal

On Dec 27, 2001  21:13 +0100, Du¹ko Rusmir wrote:
> On root Partition is .journal visible. On all other Partitions is invisible.

Why does this matter?

> At which way I can move it manually to a hidden inode?

You need to do it with root unmounted.

> I have delete with
> chattr -i /.journal
> rm -f /.journal

Don't do that.  Don't you think that the journal is set immutable for a
reason?

Use "tune2fs -O ^has_journal <dev>" instead, on the _unmounted_ root
filesystem, then "tune2fs -j <dev>" on the _unmounted_ root partition.

You need to boot from another partition or from recovery media which has
up-to-date e2fsprogs installed to do this.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger