Re: Visible /.journal

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 05:15:56PM -0700, Andreas Dilger wrote:

> But, last time I checked, this wasn't done if the filesystem was mounted
> (e.g. ro mount of root fs)...

Err, yeah, you're right.  Hmm... I suppose if RedHat were to run
e2fsck out of initrd, it might work, and I might be able to make a
special exception if the filesystem were mounted as ext2 (not ext3),
but failing that, short of explicit kernel code to move the journal
inode, it's going to require booting off a rescue floppy.

Given the number of questions we've received about the .journal file,
it just might be worth cluttering the kernel with the code to move the
journal to the hidden inode....

						- Ted