Re: Ouch, here's an odd one.

"Stephen C. Tweedie" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 07:16:04PM -0800, Jay Weber wrote:
> >
> > Well, simply doing the following (without a forced sync call) leads to
> > either the lack of copied file after reboot, or a bogus copy of the file,
> > when done on ext3.  Forcing a sync prior to reboot seems to keep the data
> > intact.
> >
> > cp /etc/fstab /
> > reboot -nf
>
> Ahh, my fault: one of the recent ext3 diffs got a logic test the wrong
> way round.  Patch below.  Only ext3-0.0.5e is affected.

	Uh, the patch didn't show up on my copy of the msg.  Did you forget to
attach it?
	BTW, I just found out about this ext3 beta program from Red Hat's Matt
Wilson at Linux World Expo last week.  It took me a little while to get
it working on the root partition of my workstation, but now that it's
working, I must say **MAJORLY STINKIN' COOL**!!!
	I'm also testing ReiserFS on an install of SuSE 7, and XFS on a
reinstall of Red Hat 7 w/ SGI's hacked install CD.  It seems like we
penguinistas have more journaling filesystems than we know what to do
with! ;-)  Way cool!!!

--
Scott D. Webster, RHCE       mailto:SWebster EtcServices com
Etc Services                      http://www.EtcServices.com
Voice: 201.439.1900  Fax: 201.439.0366   Pager: 800.379.2402
              Linux, UNIX, Internet Technology,
              & Open Source Software Consulting
begin:vcard
n:Webster;Scott
tel;pager:800-379-2402
tel;fax:413-674-2154
tel;work:201-439-1900
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.EtcServices.com
org:Etc Services
adr:;;31 N. Vivyen St.;Bergenfield;NJ;07621-1529;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:swebster etcservices com
title:Owner
note:Linux, Unix & TCP/IP Networking Consultant
x-mozilla-cpt:;7232
fn:Scott D. Webster, RHCE
end:vcard