Ext3 & InterMezzo issue

Hi Stephen,

We had some starvation/locks happening to us under very heavy load
in two cases:

 - InterMezzo asked ext3 to do a journaled file write (for 1 block)
essentially using
   ext3_write
 - similarly for truncate.

These lockups went away when we started the transaction in
InterMezzo and reserved somewhat
more space than ext3 does.

Any clues as to what this might be?  Are the ext3 reservations big
enough?

This workaround is stable for us, but it shouldn't be necessary for
us to start the transaction.

- Peter -