Re: What ext3 release is in 2.2.17-14?

"JKB" writes:
>     I have seen that the kernel 2.4.1 includes the reiserFS. When an
> official kernel can include the ext3 filesystem ?

The ext3 code is not yet ported to 2.4.  I'm sure that when it is, it will
likely be included as well.  However, even that is not 100% sure because
2.4 has gone to "stable" mode and ext3 changes a bunch of non-fs code so
there may be some objections with putting it into the official 2.4.

However, I expect most vendor kernels will ship with ext3 whether it is
in the official kernel or not.

Cheers, Andreas