Re: Dead puppies (and Linux boxen) aren't much fun.

SWebster EtcServices com said:
> and then it sits there forever - I left it there overnight and it
> never got any further.  I'm going to make up a rescue disk set w/ the
> ext3 tools and try to fix it.

Thats the bug discussed in the thread "That darned orphaned socket
hang", last word was:-
sct redhat com said:
> ext3-0.0.6b will be out today to fix this.  I've been doing a heap of
> recovery testing over the past 2-3 weeks getting this sorted, and the
> two bugs above explain every single oddity I've seen in that time, so
> there are no more outstanding known bugs in the way of a codefreeze.

However that was friday morning and no code appeared.

The e2fstools 1.20WIP most recent sourceforge release, do not exhibit
this problem.  If you can boot on a rescue disk, and use e2fsck (of
that version only) on the filesystem, it will fix the problem in its
userspace log replay.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]