0.0.3d-e: JFS: Unrecognised features on journal

I updated my kernel from 0.0.3d to 0.0.3e using the "d-e" patch in the
0.0.3e tarball.  When I try to boot the new kernel on a machine with
an ext3 root filesystem I am getting the message:

    JFS: Unrecognised features on journal

Does this sound feasible or even somewhat expected?  Is there any
interest in me doing some debugging of this?

Is there any way to deal with this without having to boot the new
kernel with ext2 and recreating the journal?

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell