Re: Is ext3 kernel nfsd friendly?

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 04:16:37PM +0800, Richard Shih-Ping Chan wrote:

> the "magic" necessary to play nicely with knfsd. Or does
> the fact that ext3 depends on the ext2 code mean that
> it will automagically do the right thing by knfsd?

It should, yes.  Certainly, I don't know of any problems with ext3+NFS
on 2.2.  If there are any patches needed for it on 2.4, pass them my
way and I will include them (provided they work both with and without
a patched knfsd).  Just give me the ext2 patches, and I'll make sure
they are in the ext3 codebase too.