weirdness on powerfail

I had a power-fail this morning, and when I rebooted, /etc/rc.d/rc.boot
issued a 'mount -n -o remount,ro /' and then a 'fsck -A -V -a -C'. The
fsck failed on my root partition. I know why it failed. It called
fsck.ext2 . My root poartition is ext3. My question is, why did it call
fsck.ext2? Another question, why was it checked at all? My /etc/fstab
contains:
/dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults,check=none 0 0

What's going on here?
--
Douglas J. Hunley (Linux User #174778)
http://hunley.homeip.net/			http://hunley.epinions.com/

"This may seem a bit weird, but that's okay, because it is weird."