Re: weirdness on powerfail

"Stephen C. Tweedie" wrote:
> I have no idea.  Which version of e2fsprogs and ext3 are you using?
> "fsck" should work quite happily, because fsck.ext2 should point to
> the main e2fsck binary, which understands ext3 filesystems.
>
> You'd have to include more details about what went wrong for me to
> help much more.

ext3 .5e and e2fsprogs 1.20-WIP-0117. If I 'cd /sbin && ls -l *fsck*' I
get:
-rwxr-xr-x 3 root root 434K e2fsck
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  15K fsck
-rwxr-xr-x 3 root root 434K fsck.ext2
-rwxr-xr-x 3 root root 434K fsck.ext3
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  19K fsck.minix

All have times of 'Jan 19 07:55'

What else do you need?

It should be noted that when it errored and dropped me into single-user
mode, I ran fsck manually 'fsck /' and it recognized it as ext3 and said
nothing was wrong. I then rebooted, the system came up, my other 2
partitions jad a small journal replay, and off we went..

--
Douglas J. Hunley (Linux User #174778)
http://hunley.homeip.net/			http://hunley.epinions.com/

/*
 * We used to try various strange things. Let's not.
 */
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/fs/buffer.c