GFP_BUFFER change to GFP_NOFS is not nice to symlinks

Hello Andrew,
I fetched (CVS) ext3 latest changes (3 July 2001) which include
changing GFP_BUFFER to GFP_NOFS and now have random troubles with
symlink files on ext3 filesystems.

>From my experience over the last days with Linus's changes I find
that GFP_NOIO worked perfectly.

Below is Linus's response about bounce buffer change.

I am late to work, but this evening will try to substitute _NOFS
for _NOIO and report back results.
Later,
Albert

--