Re: 2.2.19/0.0.7a assertion failure

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 01:10:07AM +0100, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 10:04:09AM +1000, CaT wrote:
> >
> > Message from syslogd theirongiant at Thu Jul  5 09:52:16 2001 ...
> > theirongiant kernel: Assertion failure in do_get_write_access() at transaction.c line 551: "handle->h_buffer_credits > 0"
>
> Thanks for the report.  Do you have any more information on what was
> happening at the time?  Was there anything else in the logs?  Are you

Well I was ripping said CD so it was writing data to my HD. Mail could've
been coming in also (seperate partition). I no longer seem to have a recent
kern.log and messages file :/ (seperate partition to data and mail).

the bugreport I was writing and had saved vanished from /tmp on fsck (deleted
inode or somesuch). this could be due to vim trying to write in a new copy
and failing. don't think it's related though as it's ext2. everything else
is ext3.

cdparanoia (what I was ripping the cd with) s/w segfaulted when the assertion
failed.

I tried to delete the file cdparanoia created but that hung and the file is
still there. no errors were reported by fsck on the data, mail or var
partitions. just /tmp but that's ext2.

this is all that I can think of.

> using quotas?

No. And it's not compiled in.

Hope this helps. If you need more info tell me and I'll see what I can do. :)

--
CaT (cat zip com au)		*** Jenna has joined the channel.
				<cat> speaking of mental giants..