ext3 2.4.6-0.9.0 and vfat problem

Today I converted my existing ext2 root partition to ext3. Since then
my windows partion is not accessible in linux anymore. The mount
command "mount /mnt/win" itself doesn't give any errors, but when I list
the contents of windows partition ("ls /mnt/win"), I get the error
"ls: /mnt/win: Not a directory". chdir also reports the same error.
When I reboot the machine so that the root partition is mounted as ext2 and not ext3, everything works fine though. I am using kernel 2.4.6 with
ext3 0.9.0. If you need any more information, let me know.