Re: fsck journal replay times (was Re: Is this list active?)

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 03:06:26PM +0100, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

> One last point --- ext2 has a way of forcing a fsck every so often,
> either when the number of mounts or the elapsed time since the last
> fsck is exceeded.  I'm looking for comments about whether those
> intervals ought to be set to zero (disabling the forced-fscks) for
> ext3 or not.

No, I don't see why they should be. AIUI (and I think someone explained here
recently), the forced-fscks are only there to catch hardware problems,
results of software bugs, etc. ext3 isn't any more resilient to this than
ext2, is it?

--
PGP signed or encrypted mail preferred, key ID 0x68383A73  *  Please *do* Cc: