Re: 0.9.2 or 0.9.3 ?

On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 01:17:22AM +1000, Andrew Morton wrote:

> > I found out that a new version of ext3-2.4 was available from
> > the previous messages on this list, despite the fact that
> > no 'official' announce was given...
>
> 0.9.2 has been released ;)

:-)

> > I'm currently running 0.9.1 on 2.4.6-ac2 without problems. Should
> > I upgrade to 0.9.2 (I suppose yes by reading the changelog :-)) ?
>
> Depends how brave you are - 0.9.3-pre is a bit more experimental - I
> put it out for some performance testing.   It's only been tested for
> a couple of hours here.
>
> Unless you're keen on stress-testing and benchmarks I'd recommend
> you stick with 0.9.2.

Thanks for the explanation. But maybe you should think of a
different notation for the version number (maybe some even/odd
numbering like the kernel), because you're gonna be in trouble if
0.9.3-pre has a successor still in an alpha quality. It could be
of course something like 0.9.3-pre2...

Just my late .2 eurocents this evening.

Stelian.
--