Re: success!?!?!? mostly.

"T. Martin" wrote:

> Hello,
>  I've just compiled 2.4.6 patched for ext3 filesystem and with out
> incident the conversion went fine.
> System Specs.
> Redhat 6.1 (highly hacked on since install on Sep 1999)
> kernel 2.4.6
> gcc 2.95.2 egcs 2.91.66
> XFree 4.1.0
>
> I followed the docs, but I have once issue, on hardboot it still fscks the
> drives. Is this a cause of the rc scripts needing tweaking or a fstab
> setting.

If you're using a two-year-old e2fsck then that will happen.  You
should be using e2fsprogs-1.22.

Otherwise, you should verify that you really are using ext3
and not ext2 - check the contents of /proc/mounts.

If both of those are correct then it's possible that the initscripts
are passing `-f' to fsck.