Re: fsck journal replay times (was Re: Is this list active?)

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 10:47:44AM +1000, Andrew Morton wrote:

> Forget I said this.  It would work in 2.2, where data is hashed
> into the buffercache.  But in 2.4 if a data block is shared between
> two files we wouldn't detect it via a buffer cache lookup.

Doesn't matter --- if you know that a buffer will always be on one of
the inode's lists, it doesn't need to be hashed for you to be able to
check b_inode.  That would require a clean buffers list in addition to
a dirty one on the inode, but it would certainly work.