Re: Question about using ext3 in root partition

Steve Kieu wrote:

> I noticed that for each partition the kernel must
> spawn one kjournald so it may use more resources. Is
> it true?

That is so.

It's a little irritating to see this kernel thread running,
particularly for a readonly mount, where the thread doesn't
do anything.

But really, the only resource consumption is 8k of memory.
That's 0.01% of eighty megs :)  More memory is consumed
by the various buffers which are associated with the mount.

There are 24 kernel threads running on my development box.
Maybe `ps' shouldn't display these things by default.