Re: Ok, Im an idiot. Can't remount the ext3 filesystem because I deleted the /.jounral file...

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 09:58:16AM -0400, NEM wrote:

> Can anyone offer a suggestion on how to get it
> back up and running?  (this is a masq/gateway box at home so I don't
> want to rebuild it if at possible...)  Or am I outta fscking (pardon the
> pun) luck?

Boot on a rescue disk (floppy or CD) and do:
	tune2fs -O '^has_journal' /dev/hda
	fsck.ext2 /dev/hda

At this point you have again a working ext2 filesystem, which you
can of course reconvert to ext3 with tune2fs -j.

Stelian.
--
Stelian Pop <stelian pop fr alcove com>
|---------------- Free Software Engineer -----------------|