Re: Question about using ext3 in root partition

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 11:29:49AM +0100, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:
> Hi,

Hello,

> ext3 should be fine on root

Until it's time to upgrade.

> --- I do that with all of my own installs.
> "tune2fs -j" can create a journal even on a live, mounted filesystem,
> so it's easy to set up a journal on the root.

It is.

The problem is that when you try to upgrade from (say) RH 7.0 to 7.1
the mount in the installer can't mount ext3 filesystems because of
"unsupported features".  You have to run around to all of your
filesystems, unmount them, and clear the unsupported features.

Maybe this is an old bug.  I think I am still running 0.0.6b.

b.