Re: ext3 tuning parameters. what are they

As a reference point, I use ext3 on two Linux NFS servers with 1GB of RAM
and about 55GB of storage space. Both of my servers are down to about 3MB
of available memory and the disks are very full. I have not seen any
performance slowdowns, even under these conditions. Is it possible your
servers are doing a lot of swapping to virtual memory?

BTW, I'm running 2.2.19pre6 with ext3 (5e) so YMMV with other versions.

--Shawn

PS: Shouldn't you be using JFS since you're an IBMer? ;)