From: "IT3 Stuart B. Tener, USNR-R" <stuart bh90210 net>
To: <ext3-users redhat com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 7:35 PM
Subject: EXT3 Worries

Dear Sir or Ma'am:

I am interested to think about implementing EXT3 onto my servers here.
However, I have some concerns and am hoping someone can address them.

1) If I install ext3 what is the likelihood that the extent of damage caused
by its bugs will be limited to just the fact that the journals may not work
properly? Alternatively, do I risk real damage to files and the filesystem
at this stage in its development?
2) Is there a projected period when you suspect it will be added to the
Linus version of the kernel, and be available in all distributions (not just
RH)?
3) Is there an ISO, which is inclusive of EXT3 so that I can boot it up in
rescue mode and get to an EXT3 partition for repair purposes if, need be
yet?

I am not happy with ReiserFS as partition magic does not recognize its
partition layout. I am waiting to implement EXT3 when it becomes available.

Very Respectfully,

Stuart Blake Tener, IT3, USNR-R, N3GWG
Beverly Hills, California
VTU 1904G (Volunteer Training Unit)
stuart bh90210 net
west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043
east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859

Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's
free!)

JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

Wednesday, July 25, 2001 4:35 PM