Re: ext3 and 2.4.5: OK, but how to convert / ?

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 04:32:11PM +1000, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> >
> > Hi. I just installed ext3 for 2.4.5 from
> > http://www.uow.edu.au/~andrewm/linux/ext3/ but couldn't find
> > anything about converting my root partition to ext3. 2
> > partitions are now ext3 after I umount and tune2fs, but what
> > should I do with / ? I tried init 1 and umount, but tune2fs
> > would fail because it was on read-only fs.
>
> I had no trouble running `tune2fs -j' on a rw-mounted
> filesystem.  I need to go through all this stuff and
> document and test it a little better.

OK, so I run it, edit /etc/fstab and reboot, or just remounting
the fs will use ext3 ?

> One fairly serious probem with that patch is that
> it tries to mount the root fs as ext2 first.  You'll
> need to edit fs/Makefile and move the ext3 line so
> it's above the ext2 one.

No problem. I read your post, changed fs/Makefile, applied all
patches, but forgot to apply the one for e2fsprogs before
building it. BTW, are these patches going to be in util-linux
and e2fsprogs ?

--
0 pervalidus {net, {dyndns.}org} Tel: 55-21-717-2399 (Niterói-RJ BR)