Re: Export knfsd/ext3 on doubly patched kernel(knfsd/reiserfs) OK?

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 04:56:27PM +0800, Richard Shih-Ping Chan wrote:
> Hi - if I have a doubly patched kernel (2.4.5)
>  (1) Apply gkernel/CVS ext3 patches
>  (2) Apply Neil Brown/Reiserfs team  knfsd and reiserfs patches
>
> Will ext3 be exportable by knfsd (i.e. inherit automagically
> the nfsd_operations thingies from ext2) or does it need further
> patching?

It probably won't work.  Reiserfs's knfsd patches need all other
filesystems to be patched afaik, and ext3 doesn't have that.  ext3 on
plain 2.4 should work with nfs fine.  I think the Reiserfs people are
planning a less invasive knfsd patch which works without modifying
other filesystems, but I don't know the status of that just yet.