Re: making 0.0.6b a module

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 06:11:57PM -0400, Peter Bowen wrote:
> I have ext3 0.0.6b + 2.2.19 and cannot get ext3 to compile as a module.
> If I try to modularize it, or turn in off completely, the kernel build
> fails.  Is there an easy fix for this, or is there something that I am
> missing?

It won't work.  The main reason for this is that ext3 has a few
debugging callbacks that the device driver layer uses to check that it
has permission to write to the blocks in question, for use in
sanity-checking the ext3 write ordering.

If it's a major problem then I could fix it, but I'm trying to
minimise unnecessary changes to the stable 2.2 ext3 code.  ext3 on 2.4
should be able to run as modules happily.