Re: Suspiciously broken filesystem

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 09:09:48PM +1000, Andrew Morton wrote:

> > I then installed the ext3 version from sourceforge onto a 2.4.5-ac[78]
> > kernel.
>
> That's dangerous. The -ac kernels have a radically different set
> of quota code.

A couple of days ago, I'd just have said heck, let's move ext3 to an
ac kernel because we'll need to support that new quota code eventually
anyway (it's the only way to do quotas with 32-bit uids).  Except now
we've got a _new_ thing to merge in --- the dirs-in-page-cache ---
which is only in the Linus tree.

However, it looks as if the dir changes are pretty localised in ext2,
so we can choose when to move those into ext3 without caring about
which tree we are in.

So is it worth moving the tree to *ac to fix the quota issues?  Or at
least maintaining that as a branch?

--Stephen