Re: Suspiciously broken filesystem

"Stephen C. Tweedie" wrote:

> So is it worth moving the tree to *ac to fix the quota issues?  Or at
> least maintaining that as a branch?

The Linus patch *almost* applies to -ac:

2 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file fs/Makefile.rej
2 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file include/linux/fs.h.rej

So if we were to #ifdef the i_blocks changes somehow, we could
run with a single tree.  I'll ask Jan, but it seems that

#ifdef NR_DQUOTS

will be a suitable discriminator.

I'll make the current patch -ac/-dc tomorrow, see how it looks.

The dir-in-pcache code seems to be independent of everything;
we can merge that (or not) at any time, in any kernel, I
suspect.  I'd like to do that prior to 2.4.6, but I think
the next best step is to get the current code out to more
testers - there are probably some giant bloopers which
just haven't been tested yet (/me thinks of long symlinks :))