Re: Suspiciously broken filesystem

On 06 Jun 2001 12:00:54 +0100, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:
> Can you do another forced fsck and see if there is still corruption
> being caused?  That would help a great deal.  Also, knowing exactly
> which checkout from cvs you are using would be helpful.  Finally, can
> you strace the perl script and send me the breaking bits?  A
> reproducible error like that ought to be easy to find and fix.

Not at present since I'm rebuilding to get parted out of the equation...
however I will reproduce the setup when I'm done.

> What does TSM do for its backups?  If it accesses the block device
> directly (as dump does), that may cause problems.

TSM is filesystem level only.  It does look at the fstype (which it
appears to get from fstab rather than /proc/mounts or even mtab
(actually mtab might have been wrong since although it was mounting as
ext3, the fstab entry hadn't been updated).

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]
[ ----- Security is not an add-on -- security is a way of life ----- ]