Re: [NFS] Re: Export knfsd/ext3 on doubly patched kernel(knfsd/reiserfs) OK?

Neil Brown wrote:

> How stable is ext3fs on 2.4?

A bit wobbly today.   There's a problem with metadata getting
reallocated as data when it shouldn't.  But I can now
reproduce it, which means it's alomst fixed :)

>  I am keen to use it but I need quotas
> and last I heard they weren't there yet...

That's true.  Problem is: which quotas?  There's no
point in developing against Linus' quotas, so I'll be
integrating the ext3 code with the -ac kernel somwhow
and continuing testing against recent quota code.  There
was a lock inversion problem which ended up deadlocking
ext3 in -ac.  It shouldn't be too hard to fix.  Maybe at
the end of the week it'll be usable on-ac with quotas.