Re: [NFS] Re: Export knfsd/ext3 on doubly patched kernel(knfsd/reiserfs) OK?

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 11:04:19PM -0600, Andreas Dilger wrote:

> I've been running it on my development laptop for the last couple of weeks
> without problems, but haven't used quotas.  My understanding is that
> Andrew has been testing with quotas on, so they should be working (he is
> using the quota tools from sourceforge).

The problem is not just the quota tools, it's the new quota file format
and internal quota API in the *ac kernels.  Since the *ac kernels fix
a bunch of quota bugs and add the missing support for 32-bit uids, the
2.4-Linus quotas are really pretty much obsolete at this point as well
as being more buggy than *ac.