Re: Max Mount Count

Jay writes:
> Right.  I've the lockfs/unlockfs and journal barrier/flush in the 2.2
> kernel in what seems to be a workable manner with desired results, other
> than the recent issue described below (sigh).

Could you send me the ext3 lockfs/unlockfs functions you are using so I can
add them to the 2.4 CVS?  I wrote some which I _think_ are OK, but since
you have already tested yours...

> And still no word back from LVM team on the invalidate_buffers()
> 'feature' LVM is prone to exhibit. :)

While LVM is strange for calling invalidate_buffers() on busy devices (even
non-LVM ones), I think the fix is needed on the ext3 side.  We should just
refuse to flush buffers that are in-use by the journal.  Finding the right
incantations for figuring out which buffers are in use by the journal is
another issue...

Cheers, Andreas