Re: Max Mount Count

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 10:48:03AM -0600, Andreas Dilger wrote:

> > Right.  I've the lockfs/unlockfs and journal barrier/flush in the 2.2
> > kernel in what seems to be a workable manner with desired results, other
> > than the recent issue described below (sigh).
>
> Could you send me the ext3 lockfs/unlockfs functions you are using so I can
> add them to the 2.4 CVS?  I wrote some which I _think_ are OK, but since
> you have already tested yours...

Check out ext3_change_inode_journal_flag() in CVS --- that already
uses an established manner for locking an ext3 filesystem:

	journal_lock_updates(journal);
	journal_flush(journal);

to lock the journal and flush any pending updates to disk, effectively
freezing the filesystem; and

	journal_unlock_updates(journal);

to resume.

> While LVM is strange for calling invalidate_buffers() on busy devices (even
> non-LVM ones), I think the fix is needed on the ext3 side.

Agreed, and that is not hard.