Re: Max Mount Count

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Heinz J. Mauelshagen wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> in regard to your question "What the heck is LVM trying to do?" at the end
> of your mail:
>
> LVM only invalidates the buffers
>  - of a logical volume in case it *removes* it
>    *or*
>  - of a physical volume in order to make sure that reads physically
>    come from disk afterwards.

Heinz, are you sure about this?  I've printk output that shows
invalidate_buffers() running on ALL of my devices listed in
/proc/partitions as opposed to only LVM devices.  I have annotated printk
output I've attached to bug # 253 at bugzilla.sistina.com.  This was all
based on 0.9.1beta7.  I'll follow up with you if you've any further
questions on this one. :)

Thanks.

[delete]...