Re: padding bug in ext3 util-linux patch

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 05:21:34PM -0400, Mitch Miers wrote:

> Um, I believe the following field is s_journal_uuid, which
> is of u_char type?

Ah, I was looking at ext2_super_block, as per your email, but was
looking in the kernel.  The padding beyond s_padding1 is indeed
long-aligned there.  But yes, ext3 does have a char array following
padding1.  I _think_ gcc will align that to 32-bits unless the struct
is __attribute__ packed, but it should probably be fixed in util-linux
anyway.