Re: Inconsistent ext3fs after crash (2.2.19/0.0.7a)

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 01:26:05PM +0200, Heusden, Folkert van wrote:
> > Is there any chance you could make a copy of the
> > partition available on a server so others can grab it?
> > 	dd /dev/hda8 | gzip > some_server
> > (Before running recovery!)
>
> May I suggest
>
> bzip2 -c -9 /dev/hda8 > some_server

Shouldn't be necessary now --- we just noticed that it was an orphaned
character device file which fsck was falling over (the mode tells us
that), and the problem seems to be reproducible by creating, opening
and unlinking a char device.  We should be able to fix it from that.