Re: ext3 and 2.4.x-smp

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 11:29:55PM -0500, John Peel wrote:

>     Anyway, I guess I am missing a few things before I make a decision.
> I know there were some problems back in the day with smp and ext3 for
> the 2.4.x kernels.  After reading the post about 'VALinux's 2.4.5 beta
> kernel with Ext3' I am still not sure on the state of ext3 with regards
> to smp systems. Can anyone shed some light on this for me. Thanks, -peel

There are no known problems regarding ext3 and SMP.  My default test
system for ext3 is a 4-way box.

Andrew and I are still working on fixing up one bug in the truncate
code, and there seems to be a problem in fsck if you have special
device inodes which get deleted while still held open, but other than
that it seems pretty solid.  I expect we'll push a new version for 2.4
out in the next day or two.